Monday, December 16, 2013

Into to theseventytwo

Now after this the Lord appointed seventy others, and sent them in pairs ahead of Him to every city and place where He Himself was going to come. And He was saying to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. Go; behold, I send you out as lambs in the midst of wolves.” Luke 10:1-3






Welcome to my new blog theseventytwo, a blog about being a follower of Christ in the everyday world. I speak from a distinct from a Catholic perspective. Falling out of “young adult” activities because of the everydayness of life with a small young family. It used to be that I could just pick up and go to a conference, talk or adoration on a whim. But after marriage and family, those things need to be more carefully planned. As my life changes so does our relationship with God and with others. But we are still called to go out to the world and be a witness. It is as if all the activities of youth group and young adults activities have been preparation to take Jesus out in the world and evangelize and defend the faith to all we encounter. God also gives us others to try to get into heaven in a special way. Having children is a special responsibly of directly forming a new follower of God so that they can have the opportunity to get into heaven.

The story behind this blog is that I originally wanted to call it nimble scribe but that was taken so I prayed for a name and God took me to Luke 10 and I felt that we are all the seventy two sent into the world to proclaim the gospel.

The purpose of this blog is to help people expand their faith with a light hearted and evangelical tone. Having studied and taught the faith both formally and informally, I have a deep perspective of the issues and stances of the Catholic Church. As Catholic’s we are called to bring the Church to the public square.

The Internet is the public square of our time that is where we are called to meet our neighbor to discuss the issues that face society. I am not trying to make this overly political rants and fights. But more of a way to help Catholic understand their faith and go deeper into the logic and reason of the church from a theological and historical view. More than just a theological there will be prayer, catechesis, family life and technology articles. We hope to generate reading that people will want to come back here for an insightful thought or expansion of knowledge that cause them to be better than they were before. Check back regularly and see how we fulfill our mission. Pray that the Holy Spirit will guide this blog and all that will come from it. Please bear with me as I find my "voice" that we can go through this together. "My heart is stirred by a noble theme, as I sing my ode to the king. My tongue is the pen of a nimble scribe." Ps. 45:2

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy.

Hail my life, my sweetness and my hope!

To you do we cry, poor banished children of Eve!

To you do we send up our sighs;

mourning and weeping in this vale of tears!

Turn, most gracious Advocate, your eyes of mercy toward me,

and after this, our exile,

show to us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus Christ!

Clement, loving, sweet Virgin Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment